“Every 60 mins RAC patrols attend a pothole-related breakdown” RAC, January 2020
Let’s start with the obvious… potholes are a huge issue. Caused by a mixture of poor road surfaces, inclement weather and the ever-increasing traffic volume, thousands of new – and poorly repaired existing – potholes appear year after year.
These poor road surfaces cause an unprecedented amount of damage and are a huge danger threat to drivers and cyclists.
Historically, local authorities and highway maintenance companies have always used asphalt-based pothole repair solutions, resulting in a short-term fix and poor road surfaces which are gradually getting worse.
Who are Degafloor?
Degafloor are experts in methyl methacrylate (MMA) resin flooring. Unlike other resin products, high performance MMA chemically bonds to the previous layer (or existing subfloor), creating a monolithic, virtually unbreakable bond.
Pothole repair – the solution
Using this MMA techology, Degafloor designed and developed Degafill™, an ultra-fast curing, permanent pothole repair solution.
Similarly to MMA resin flooring, Degafill bonds chemically to the existing asphalt or tarmac in just 20 minutes – delivering unrivalled strength and durability.
The Degafill permanent pothole repair solution withstands the inevitable thermal movement of road surfaces throughout the year without compromising the strength and integrity of the bond to the surrounding area.
Where can Degafill be used?
Degafill is the perfect solution for repairing potholes in driveways, car parks and on major roads and highways. It can be installed rapidly by just one man in all weather conditions, using minimal equipment. No hot works or expensive equipment required.
Permanent pothole repair – the process
Whatever the weather, whatever the size of pothole – it will be fixed in 3 simple steps and fully trafficable within 20 minutes:
- Mix the Degafill pothole repair kit components together in bucket provided
- Sweep the pothole out (water can be left in it – even if its full)
- Pour the mixture in
11 reasons why Degafill is the pothole solution we have been waiting for:
- Degafill comes with a 5 year warranty
- No road closure required – Degafill fully cures and the road is trafficable within 20 mins
- Permanent solution – no need to repair again year after year
- Cold applied – none of the health and safety issues associated with hot trades – no big vehicles and minimal environmental impact
- Strong chemical bond to asphalt and concrete
- No need to prime or cut back (which makes the hole even bigger)
- No need to compact – available in bulk and kit form
- Crack-free performance and colour stability all year round
- Totally impervious
- Excellent UV light and thermal resistance
- Weather-proof – will not suffer freeze / thaw damage
For more information, see the Degafill™ product page.
To enquire about a free demonstration Contact Us.
Download the Degafill™ Datasheet here.