Degaflex Roofing System
Degaflex MMA waterproofing system for use in flat roofing and roofing repairs
The Degaflex Roofing System is a fast curing, high-performance methyl methacrylate (MMA) waterproofing system for use in flat roofing and roofing repairs.
Degaflex is Fire Resistant to BS 476 Part 3 EXT.F.AB. Degaflex encapsulates fibreglass chop strand matting to produce a flexible, yet very strong, water-resistant and fire-retardant membrane.
Due to the Degaflex kit being manufactured with MMA materials, it means that once the product is installed and complete, each layer of the system cures within 30 minutes allowing the complete system to be fully cured in less than 2 hours.
This makes Degaflex one of the quickest flat roofing installation kids around. Take a look at this fast installation of the kit at a Travelodge in Torquay.
Curable at low temperatures
Its ability to cure at temperatures as low as 5°C allows for quick repairs throughout the year.
Flat roofs need to be dry and waterproof, which the Degafex kit offers. This waterproof feature is achieved through the use of sealing MMA materials and through the unique way the kit is intended to be installed.
Degaflex also has slip-resistance properties meaning it may also be included for walkways and access areas.
To read more about Degaflex and its properties, you can download the datasheet, or visit the NBS website for further information.
You can learn more about Degaflex and why it’s an outstanding flat roofing solution on the Degaflex-specific website, including its technical specifications.
If you like this, take a look at our Degafill Permanent Pothole Repair Solution.
- Rapid installation – fully cured within 2 hours
- Tailored slip-resistant finishes
- Exceptional bond to a wide range of substrates
- Seamless and impermeable surface without pinholes or air bubbles
- Exceptional resistance to chemical and physical attack
- Fire Resistant to BS 476 Part 3
- Abrasion resistance - Weight loss < 3000 mg
- Permeability to CO2 - SD > 50 m
- Water vapour permeability - Class III
- Capillary absorption and permeability to water - W < 0.1 kg / (m2 x h 0.5)
- Resistance to severe chemical attack - Reduction in hardness < 50%
- Impact resistance - Class I
- Adhesion strength by pull of test - ≥ 2.0 N/mm 2
- Reaction to fire - BS 476 Part 3:- EXT.F.AB
Need some inspiration? Take a look at our case studies - a wide range of projects using Degafloor resin flooring, car park and pothole repair systems.